This weekend has been a glorious, relaxing, no pressure weekend. After the last few months, I really needed to just not. No schedule, no big projects, no one in the house but the wife and I. I have spent part of this weekend in my bed, reading and cuddling with our foster kitten.
This morning we got up and made our way to Kroger to do some grocery shopping. I am a BIG time Kroger App user- if you are not and you shop at any of their brands, you are missing some pretty amazing coupons. We use their Simple Truth line A LOT- to day with my coupons from their app I saved $28.00 on stuff I was already going to buy- even the cashier was impressed!! Next week I’ll do my big Vitacost (also a Kroger Brand) for staples. I am not a couponer- I am too lazy and have no need for all that P&G crap, but I love to save. If you can’t tell, I really love grocery shopping.
When I last left you I said I was going to publish my list of NSV’s (Non-Scale Victory) that I am looking forward to achieving. Personally, envisioning NSV’s ahead of achieving them give me a more complex view at my goals- more than the numbers on the scale on any given day. While I am still undecided on when and how often I will weigh myself, I know these NSV’s will keep me motivated.
I am extremely visual and like to create – so these NSV’s will either become a vision board or some type of typography project in the future. I will be sure to share with you any awesomeness that comes to be.
- Using the tray table on an airplane
- Travelling without a seat belt extender / giving my extender away
- Not fearing the “Passengers of Size” Policy on any airline
- Not wanting to keel over when my gate or transfer is forever away
- No fear of Public Transit seats
- Losing that desire to want to fold myself as small as possible for some strangers comfort
- Smaller clothes = smaller luggage = cheaper flights
- Buying in-season clothes at a reasonable price- F! U! over priced plus sized clothes.
- Walking into a non-plus size store and not having the clerk follow me around thinking I’m going to shop lift their size 4’s under my belly roll
- Selling all of my plus size clothes- seriously someone on poshmark is going to love my closet.
- Feeling good in LOTS of different clothes- I do my best to always hold my head high and dress in a manner that makes me feel good, but I also feel limited to the staples that I know I look ok in.
- I’m for serious going on a spree- I am setting aside $5 a week and I hit my maintaining figure I’m blowing that money on CLOTHES.
- Stairs- I will one day climb a flight of stairs and not worry that the person(s) with me think I’m going to die.
- On the back of the stairs- Knees… I know there is going to come a day when they will be like “Thanks for taking that extra ### pounds of pressure off us!”
- Back pain- Ok so it may never go away cause auto accidents and frankly I’m getting kinda old- but one day I won’t feel as rough as I do now with all this extra weight.
- Dancing without the rolls
- A profile that more of a P than a D
- Passing EVERY thing on my health screening with a green- no damn yellows or reds.
- Not being that fat sister
- My nieces and nephews getting to see me kick butt and take names
- Being able to Kayak with my wife
- A longer life with wife
I’m 200% sure that there will be a million little things that come from losing this weight. There will be things that will be awesome, unexpected NSV’s that I can’t even envision right now. I’ve been living this life for so long, that I’ve found myself giving advise to many on how to survive travel, clothes, physical, and emotional challenges of being so damn obese.
I’m setting intention, claiming it as my own and letting the universe know that one day in the very near future, I will no longer be the Big Girl Expert- my #1 NSV will be becoming a fab, fit inspiration to who ever will hear me